SPONSORING CHILDREN OF TSUNZA 2008

In summer 2008, I had the opportunity to visit a typical African village called Tsunza located in the outskirts of Mombasa, in Kinango District, (one of the 5 poorest Districts in kenya). I was happy and so much impressed by the hospitality of the villagers, they seemed very smiley but despite first impressions, I was surprised to see many kids around during school hours. Most of them were barefoot wearing ragged clothes and even walking on the hot sun with herds of cows. I became curious and could not avoid to ask about the situation. I was informed that their families were not able to afford bringing them to school due to many reasons ranging from lack of school materials to examination fees.

On the same day, I felt that something should be done to change the situation of these kids. I was filled with new energy and came up with a plan. I stretched my hand into my bag for my camera, I took photos of 22 kids and promised to bring them back to school next tim I would step my foot in Kenya, although I still did not know how.
Back in Spain, I started sending mails to my friends even with very little hope that this plan would work. Amazingly, my mailbox never stopped receiving news from people who wanted to help and, in less than four months, the 22 kids were sponsored.
In the same year 2008, during christmas, I went back to Kenya and, with the help of William and some others, made the bigest shopping ever: 22 pairs of shoes, 22 uniforms, school material etc. We finally brought the kids to school. After one month, I was back in Spain with 8 more kids to be sponsored through the same process. And again it was a big success.








At the moment we have 30 kids who are already sponsored and 20 more are waiting to find sponsors. Thank you all for your great help!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario